The first episode of what has become a global series began in Collins Park, Miami Beach. Founders Russell Faibisch and Alex Omes wanted to bring the Electronic Dance Music movement from Europe to the Western Hemisphere. They decided to have a one-day festival featuring famous DJ’s at the time including Armand Van Helden, AK1200, and Union Jack. The first ever Ultra Music Festival was a success on the renowned sands of Miami Beach.
Ultra will provide its raves for the 21st time this year on March 29th, 30th, and 31st. After a long spell surrounded by the towers of Downtown Miami, Ultra is delivering its services to a daydream island, the Virginia Key Beach Park & Miami Marine Stadium. Prepare for a mystical experience with translucent views of the city, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Ultra Lights. If you can’t make it, tune in on UMF Radio or UMF TV.
#Ultra2019 is offering a wave of new stages including: Ultra Mainstage, Live Arena, Ultra Worldwide, UMF Radio, Resistance Island, Carl Cox Megastructure, Reflector, Arrival, Play Differently, Mau5trap, and STMPD Rcrds. Make sure you visit them all to experience different environments, genres, vibes, and people.
Here are some of the top headliners this year: Afrojack, Alesso, The Chainsmokers, deadmau5, Galantis, Loco Dice, Louis the Child, Marshmello, Martin Garrix, Skrillex + Boys Noize, Tiesto, Zedd, Zeds Dead, and 3LAU.
Tips & Essentials
- Eat a whole meal before you embark
- Bring an empty Camelbak and refill at the free water stations
- Protein bars
- A plastic bag for your phone and wallet in case of South Florida Rain
- Find the hidden port-a-potties
- Sunglasses (Trippy Glasses)
- Portable charger
- Optional: long sleeve or sweater for the night
- Create a schedule, try to explore all the stages and artists!
The drop off point will be made clear by the signs. Ultra will provide coordinated transportation services for those attending the event. Circumvent traffic, save money, and avoid stress. Transportation hubs have been strategically placed to accommodate wristband holders. Ultra has worked with “qualified traffic mitigation and logistics professionals” to secure the smoothest rides to and from the festival.
Shuttle Transit Hubs:
- Arts & Entertainment District: Downtown, Wynwood, Midtown, and all areas North of the Greater Miami Area
- AmericanAirlines Arena: serving downtown Miami and Brickell
- Vizcaya: serving Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and all areas South of the Greater Miami Area
- Ferry Transit Hub
- Bayside Marketplace
- Ultra goes from 2pm- 2am every day from Friday to Sunday, the games begin on March 29th.
The adjoining addresses are:
Miami Marine Stadium Flex Park
3501 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149
Historic Virginia Key Beach Park
4020 Virginia Beach
Miami FL 33149