To escape Miami’s hectic, sweltering routine, Jungle Island is a fan favorite. It’s a zoo that simulates a real adventure in a tropical jungle. It’s located on Watson Island, between Downtown and Miami Beach.
The main attraction of Jungle Island is the zoo, where exotic and famous birds reside. They house 450 more animals and a variety of tropical plants that radiate the essence of the jungle.
That's why Jungle Island is one of those ideal places for family outings. They have entertainment for children and adults, guaranteeing a good time for everyone.
The park operates daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, if there is any inconvenience or climatic situation, we recommend you call (305) 400-7000 for confirmation.
You can also call the number to make reservations (you must fill out a form available on the website) and obtain more information about the park.
Adults: $ 39.95
Over 65s: 37,92
Children from 3 to 10 years old: 32.92
Children under 2 years old: free admission
As we mentioned before, Jungle Island has a great variety of species that coexist in the facilities. For the most part, you can get close encounters by engaging in animal contact activities or watching them in shows.
- The liger Hercules is the son of a lion and a tigress. It won the Guinness Prize for being the largest cat in the world.
- The twin orangutans Peanut and Pumpkin are two sisters that were born in the park, who are known for looking like and acting like humans.
- Fun and witty African penguins.
- American alligators that are 9-12 ft long, and like to show off their 80+ sharp teeth.
- In addition, you can also see the spectacular white and bengal tigers, amazing giant tortoises and the majestic kangaroos.
- And, of course, we couldn’t leave out the Winged Wonders, the entertaining showcase of the most exotic, beautiful and dangerous birds in the world.
SuperFlight is one of Jungle Island Park’s newest activities, a free flight experience driven by a wind tunnel that will launch you in the air.
In addition, they have a flight academy for you to enjoy this adventure to the fullest by learning how to fly and adding several tricks to your toolbelt. Find out more here.
If you are more interested in games of logic and intrigue, don’t miss out on Jungle Cabin. You will find yourself locked in a room with a time bomb, find the clues to solve the puzzle and disarm the bomb.
If you want something more terrifying, try to escape from Asilo, an escape room that simulates an old experimental room for crazy criminals.
Skywire in the jungle
The first zipline in Miami. Although it isn’t open yet, Jungle Island promises exhilaration and breathtaking views of the city and tropical jungle.
Jungle Island is the complete experience, perfect for family adventures. They continue to launch new attractions, adding more encounters with animals from other latitudes and securing a spectacular experience for all who visit.