From December 7 to December 10 Art Basel 2017 will spruce up the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC), the most important fair of contemporary art in the world. Take a break and have a look between exhibits and don’t forget to try out the best restaurants in Miami
The vibrant atmosphere and the mix of cultures that take place in Miami have enraptured the palates of all those who have had the chance of indulging in the bill of fare of countless restaurants which reflect the culinary art in each dish.
The cream of the culinary crop at Art Basel Miami Beach 2017
Now that you are already in the city, it is your chance to visit the best restaurants in Miami and taste the most assorted gastronomic proposal. Venues, whose artistic and somewhat eclectic décor match perfectly the Miami’s Art Week, and additionally stand out for their luscious dishes that will sate your appetite and enliven your visit. We have here some alternatives for you:
- Joey's Italian Café: Located in Wynwood, the artsy area of Miami par excellence, this Italian food establishment features typical dishes from the Veneto region in Italy. Here you may enjoy exceptional pizzas with fresh and unique ingredients.
- R House Wynwood: The Art District is the spot where Chef Rocco Carulli wanted to bring his concept of enjoying food, art and music in the same space to life. R House Wynwood’s artworks and Italian and American inspired dishes make visiting this restaurant a unique experience.
- Vagabond Kitchen & Bar: An American-style food establishment with an elegant concept that caters to diners itching for good food, drinks and art. Salads, pastas, sandwiches, these are just a few of the dishes with which you won’t know whether to order a good wine or one of the signature drinks of the house.
- Juvia: On the top of 1111 Lincoln Road garage we find Juvia. The restaurant’s panoramic overview of South Beach will captivate you right away giving you the opportunity to see unforgettable sunsets, all the while delighting in the exclusive menu of one of the most acclaimed food venues in the city with a signature cocktail in hand on Miami’s best terrace.
- Pubbelly Noodle Bar: This gastrobar is the brainchild of 2 art-driven entrepreneurs and has brought home-made food to the next stage absorbing influences from different countries without forgetting the origins of its cuisine. Carbonara Udon Noodles is one example of a dish alternative we are sure you will enjoy.
The best restaurants for lunch during the festival
During the art week in Miami, don’t deprive yourself of the chance to get to know the culinary jewels of the Sunshine City, food venues to meet and savor lush lunches while getting ready to traverse the different locations Art Basel Miami Beach has especially set up for its 16th anniversary. Here some recommendations:
- The Dutch: This restaurant specializing in American food brings to the fore characterizing aromas and tastes. The oysters bar is its signature letter of presentation; here you may sample oysters fresh or fried among other types of cooking methods.
- Yardbird Southern Table and Bar: When it comes to taking culinary attendance in this neobar, the Southern fare is present raising the standards of this cuisine without losing its characteristic hospitality with fresh ingredients in the area. Among their specialties we find chicken waffles and the legendary homemade cookies.
- Mandolin Aegean Bistro: In this welcoming bistro you will be able to savor the best of the Greek and Turkish cuisine, traditional aromas passed down from generations to generation.
- Joe’s Stone Crab: The shellfish take the center stage of this historic restaurant’s kitchen where the crab claws seize the menu for the entire season.
- Makoto: This restaurant specializes in Japanese food. Its dishes are elegantly plated and abound with flavors that will surely meet your tastes.
Enjoy the best tapas Miami during Art Basel 2017
If snacking on tasty refreshments between exhibits is your thing, the tapas of Miami are meant for you. A broad array of venues to savor these small-sized dishes exists to satisfy your palate with an explosion of flavors.
- Wynwood Kitchen & Bar: A lip-smacking mashup of food with street art is the concept put forward by this tapas restaurant together with either cold craft brews or a delicious glass of wine it’s your choice! All of it wrapped up in an artistic setting.
- Panizza Bistro: This Argentinian restaurant, with Spanish and Italian influences, boasts a wide range of tapas in its menu available after 5pm. Garlic shrimps, patatas bravas, bruschetta, these are just examples of what Panizza Bistro has in its kitchen for you.
- Barceloneta: The food establishment for tapas par excellence in Miami, inspired by the Mediterranean Spain, this restaurant has known how to extol the tapa and give it the recognition it deserves. They always go well with some good wine or one of Barceloneta’s refreshing cocktails.
- Tatel: This restaurant is highlighted for its diverse cuisine and modern tapas featuring Mediterranean and Iberian flavors.
- The Bazaar: Under the direction of the famous Spanish chef José Andrés, this restaurant invites you to set off on a journey of flavors and aromas from the motherland with dishes that will delight both your palate and your sight.
- Bar Meli: It is a cozy place boasting a very pleasant ambience with its Greek cuisine sating everyone’s tastes one small course at a time.
- Bodega Taqueria y Tequila: It comes in two formats, a low-key informal food truck, and a swankier one at the back where tacos and tequila are the dish stars.
- Mignonette: This restaurant is perfect for oyster lovers. A number of different cooking styles for seafood products rounds off the bill of fare.
Galleries and exhibitors of the art week in Miami
With over 250 contemporary and modern art galleries in the world responsible for showcasing paints, sculptures, installations, photography, films, videos and digital art from more than four thousand new and renowned artists, the art week in Miami is going to hit with everything big time.
North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa join the line-up of galleries and exhibitors Art Basel Miami will reunite from December 7 to December 10 in the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Find out more about the line-up of galleries for this year at Art Basel by clicking the link below: